Monday 19 July 2010

Visit to the London Film and Comic Con.

Went to Earl's court at the weekend to visit the London Film and Comic Convention. As always, a large number of celebrity guests were on hand to sign autographs and have their photographs taken with fans.

In attendance were a number of actors associated with Doctor Who - Nicholas Courtney being the most well known from the classic series. The new series was not represented by any regular participants. However, Russell Tovey, who appeared in Voyage of the Damned and part two of The End of Time, was probably the most well-known among those who have appeared in the new series.

The usual array of Star Wars characters roamed around outside the hall keeping those in the queue on their toes. Inside the hall, there were plenty of fans who posed for photographs with these masked men. I'm not much of a Star Wars fan myself, so I studiously ignored these chaps.


I did not ignore Leigh Russell (left), however. She very kindly signed a copy of her latest novel, Road Closed, for me. It's a highly recommended read for those who enjoy crime thrillers, as is her first novel, Cut Short.





Mugs. I love 'em and this stall was excellent. The film poster art on these objects is superb. I bought two mugs from this stall and they will be pictured in a future post.



Shop till you drop or just browse among the crowd that packed Earls Court 2 for the LFCC.


The batmobile was't like this in Adam West's day. This was the first thing I saw on entering the hall.


A good day out, then. Coming soon: What I bought from this show. Bet you can't wait!

No comments: