Tuesday 20 July 2010

What I Bought at the LFCC

My recent visit to the London Film and Comic Con at Earl’s Court yielded these goodies.

Road Closed, Leigh Russell’s second crime novel featuring DI Geraldine Steel. I’d already read this novel and reviewed it on Amazon about a month ago. Still, it’s always nice to have a signed copy and, as the author was at the LFCC, I was happy to buy another copy. If you’re into crime thrillers, this is highly recommended along with the author’s first novel, Cut Short.

The Skull (DVD) is a 1965 film from Amicus. Peter Cushing stars as a collector of all things occult. He gets more than he bargained for when the skull of the Marquis De Sade comes into his possession. 







Penny Dreadful: I bought this DVD by mistake. I had assumed that it was the 2005 film of the same name featuring one of my favourite actresses, Tina Krause. That will teach me to be more thorough with my research. The DVD I bought stars Rachel Miner and Mimi Rogers who pick up a hitchhiker while on their way to a mountain retreat. You won’t be surprised to learn that they soon regret their act of benevolence. 

Swinging In The 70s is a two DVD set containing three films. Now, it depends on your taste as to whether or not you’d enjoy these sex films. They are all softcore, but still quite explicit. There’s a ton of nudity, as you’d expect. The quality of the film prints is poor with scratches and lines blemishing all three films here. On the other hand, this may actually enhance the seediness factor. Rene Bond and Suzanne Fields are among those participating in the action. The tites of the three films are: Keep Them Happy, Harvey Swings and Your Wife Or Mine.

Mugs: there was a stall at the LFCC that was selling mugs with film poster art pictured on them. There were a number of Hammer Horror films and classic Universal films represented in the display, along with many other studios’ artwork. The two mugs that I opted for were Taste the Blood of Dracula and City of the Dead.










No comments: